13 Nov 2014

Yaktribe Competition 4

I decided to take part in a community competition over at YakTribe. It's a competition where you make a model based on another community members username.

If you don't know what YakTribe is you really should check it out, it's a great community for Necromunda, Mordheim and Gorkamorka players. They have the rules, fluff and everything else there for all of these great games that GW doesn't support anymore.
Go check it out now: http://gaming.yaktribe.org/



So about my competition entry, I decided to make a model for the user Loriel. First thing that popped to my mind was a fantasy wizard, but I want something different for Loriel. I'm planning to make somekind of a cyberpunk mercenary psyker/wizard, in the spirit of Necromunda style. I'll post pictures when I get something scraped togerher.

Oh, and here's the link to the actual competition post:
http://gaming.yaktribe.org/community/threads/yaktribe-competition-4.3137/

I started throwing bits togerher and mindstorming what to do, since Loriel's avatar looks like a High Elf from WHFB I'm thinking about starting of a Island of Blood High Elf.

 The body is a Seaguard stantard bearer, I removed the quiver, armor scales, bow and the spear.
 I smoothed the removed scales with Citadel Liquid Green Stuff. It still need some work, but it's a work-in-progress.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck in the competition I look forward to seeing what you make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I need dig through my bits boxes and come up with a plan to make somekind of a fantasy/cyberpunk hybrib...

      Delete