21 Sept 2015

Weekend project: Shelf for unfinished miniature stuff

 I had some free plywood laying around and my miniature storage was a mess. So I decided to make a shelf thingie to store my new/unopened/unfinished minis in. I quickly drew up some sketches and went to the tablesaw. After succesfully without losing any fingers I had cut the plywood I clued and screwed them together.
 It fits the 15cm tall GW boxes on the upper level and my six bitz-boxes on the lower level. Sadly it became cat-infested in seconds.
Here is the thing loaded up. Not everything managed to fit in the. I have lots to do. Also this is a sneak peak of my Mordheim Orc warband. The halftrack is a necromunda terrain piece.


Update: I Made it from free plywood that I had laying around, total cost was around 2-3 euros, had to by some screws for.I made it mainly becaude I needed to clean up my hobby-closet and this organized things nicely and I wanted to craft with wood, also I had free materials just hanging around. I also designed it so that I fit my Airbrush station on the top.

3 comments:

  1. I think you need bigger shelf if you start anything else :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or I just need to get things done. Built some of these before I buy new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Making it yourself is a nice way to save money too

    ReplyDelete